Friday 25 May 2012

Dublin Delights: Brother Hubbard


I wasn't sure if I should post about my old homestead considering this Blog is about my relocation but when I was back in Dublin I popped into this cute cafe and I just can't keep the altogether pleasant experience to myself.

Brother Hubbard, situated on Capel Street opened its doors a couple of months ago and I had the pleasure of having my morning coffee and cake within on Tuesday. The two owners were incredibly friendly only too happy to answer my numerous questions on their establishment. The interior was fitted using Irish ash wood on all the tables, chairs, counter-space with slight hint of green throughout on the hinges and light fixtures, simple yet elegant.



The countertop was covered in drool inducing, scones and cakes, all baked on site that very morning. I ordered a macchiato and a Chocolate Orange and Almond cake and took a seat. I noticed all the sugar bowls on the tables were empty tin of Royals baking powder, an ingenious idea I thought, considering how much of the stuff they probably go through each day. It was then I realised the cake I had ordered was gluten free, too late to change my mind as my waiter was on the way over to me I decided to suck it up and try it anyways. Good God, it was possibly the moistest and most delicious cake I have ever had the pleasure of devouring. A revelation.

I told the owners I would be back, Hubbie in tow and next time we would be trying some of the lunch menu. They informed me that they are hoping to have an edible garden installed in the back courtyard in the coming weeks, yet another reason to return. Color me absolutely intrigued. Lucky Dublin.

Noms: Are you kidding me? Of course, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.

GBM

 

2 comments:

  1. Please do post these gems! Sounds delish and would like to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decided that I will now for always? :-)

      Delete