Tuesday 25 September 2012

I Couldn't Have Done This Without Being Blessed by the Almighty Dog


I won an award. Becca over at Everyday Life  has given me the honor of a Liebster Award. Looks like a 'My Little Pony' cutie mark. Tis Fagulous, why thank you Becca.

But I can't just take the award, no that would be too easy. I have a few things to do before I'm honored fully with the Liebster.

So here's the science part:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves
  • Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
  • Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to (Warning: I may take the piss)
  • Choose 11 people to give the award to and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them
  • No tag backs
It's a great way to connect with my Blog friends, especially since I've been neglecting them after my little trip to Ireland. So here goes:

11 things about me:
  1. I'm a redhead (duh) and proud of it
  2. I still have the same group of friends that I hung out with in secondary school (unusual)
  3. I'm a house husband (looking for employment in Switzerland tho)
  4. I'm obsessed with Music 
  5. I am a giant Man-boy
  6. I have a great relationship with my family and love them dearly
  7. I follow everyone back on Twitter because I just think it's a nice gesture (there are a lot of people on Twitter who follow me that just Tweet pics of their junk, have I set a president for this on my Blog?)
  8. I love fancy dress and Husband hates it
  9. I like to make fun of myself
  10. Blogging has rejuvenated my soul
  11. I'm incredibly happy right now
My 11 questions to answer:

  1. what are you currently reading or would like to read? I'm alternating between 'Brilliant: Memory Training' and Stephen Fry's autobiography. 
  2. If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would it be? John Lassater of Pixar fame because no other string of movies have bought so much joy into my life
  3. If you could go back in time to one day in your life which day would it be and why? I would go back in time to a day when I was feeling incredibly low and anxious as a teenager coming to terms with his sexuality, not to change anything because it made me who I am today but just to let my then self know that one day everything will be fine and he(I) will be incredibly happy.
  4. Long or Short hair? Short, I did long and it was not a good look for me
  5. Favorite cartoon as a kid? X-Men, I loved Rogue.
  6. Morning or night person? Morning
  7. If your life was a movie what would it be a comedy, drama, horror? Dramedy 
  8. If you found yourself pregnant at this moment would you want a boy or girl? Becca are you serious? A girl I suppose but really how would this work?
  9. Hit shuffle on your iPod or if you don't own one turn on the radio and name the first song that plays? C'est La Mort by The Civil Wars
  10. If you were a singer and had to pick a duet partner who would it be and why? Jeff Buckley because Eternal Life would be my karaoke song if it was ever in the karaoke database (grr yet to find it) and I'd love to have met him 
  11. name the last movie you watched be it on TV or in the theater? Headhunters, batshit crazy movie

My 11 questions:
  1. What is your preferred method of birth control? (for example own face, coke douche?)
  2. If you could have any super power what would it be and why? 
  3. What is your favourite music album of all time?
  4. Do redheads have souls?
  5. If you were on death-row (I'm sorry about this) what would you order as your last meal?
  6. PC or Mac?
  7. Who is the most influential person in your life and why? 
  8. What is your favorite cartoon as an adult?
  9. Do you have any regrets? 
  10. Would you like to own a monkey butler (assuming no animal rights were violated, leave me be PETA)?
  11. How do you feel right now?
My 11 nominees: 
  1. Mynx @ Lizard Happy
  2. Laura @ Real Momma
  3. Terese @ You'll be Fine. I Promise
  4. Roisin @ Somewhereyonder's Blog
  5. Cecily @ Cycling in Paris
  6. Monkey Butt @ What's on your mind Monkey Butt
  7. Rafa @ Ramblings from my Typer
  8. Pickleope
  9. Emma, Belle and Erin @30's and just begining
  10. J.Day @ The Ramblings of Charlie Brown
  11. And last but definitely not least I'd like to nominate Liane Greathead for this also. Liane I know you yourself do not Blog but I just wanted you to be involved and get this award for being the best Twitter follower any Blogger could ask for. You don't need to nominate anyone back and you can respond in the comments section or send me a private email if you want to get involved.
So thats it my little Ginger Blog Readers. If anyone else not nominated wants to get involved you can take the award and post it but you need to follow these rules also (that said I probably won't be policing this or anything cuz I hate telling anyone they have to do anything, except maybe Husband).

Enjoy (or not, lol this took me ages to do Becca!)

GBM

21 comments:

  1. Dear GBM,
    SQUEEEEE!!!! My first blog award! Thank you GBM! You are a doll!! I'm going to bake you a pie or something! I'll work on this today!

    Love,
    Terese

    (Sorry for the excessive use of exclamation marks!! I'm just stupid happy about this!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I am so happy you liked it T, I can wait to see your version :-D

      Delete
    2. Ok - my post is up. That was fun! Thank you again. :)
      http://tml-youllbefine.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-got-liebster-award-what-does-that.html

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much! I am honored. But I thought you were unplugging for the week? Regardless, here are your answers:

    What is your preferred method of birth control? (for example own face, coke douche?) A: Male Condom

    If you could have any super power what would it be and why? A: Easy, teleportation. I wouldn't own a car and I'd save a fortune on airfare.

    What is your favourite music album of all time? A: Can't say, changes too frequently. But Michael Jackson's Thriller is so good it almost gives him a molestation pass.

    Do redheads have souls? A: So much so, that they have soul in the James Brown sense of soul.

    If you were on death-row (I'm sorry about this) what would you order as your last meal? A: Something that gave me diarrhea so that they couldn't execute me right then.

    PC or Mac? A: Either one. I don't like choosing sides. I'm the Sweden of the computer debate.

    Who is the most influential person in your life and why? A: Mom, and the why is pretty academic.

    What is your favorite cartoon as an adult? A: Gotta give the nod to the Simpsons.

    Do you have any regrets? A: Of course.

    Would you like to own a monkey butler (assuming no animal rights were violated, leave me be PETA)? A: HECK YEAH! Do you have one right now? I'll buy it off you. Where is it? Don't tease me, man!

    How do you feel right now? A: Tired but pretty pleased with myself.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not plugging out Pick, my guest Blogger Blogbomb is, she's doing an experiment and going to let us all know how it goes.

      Love you answers especially number 10, inspired. Alas I don't personally have a Monkey Butler to sell. I am working on it tho ;-P

      Delete
  3. hehe I forgot about question #8 when i chose you but hey there is such a thing as drunken one night stands or alien invasion think "invasion of the body snatchers" either way good answers a girl she would be spoiled rotten i bet. thanks for playing along even if one of my questions seem odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I was kidding, we've all seen Junior I guess, ha ha. Thanks for thinking of me with this. It was a blast

      Delete
  4. Oh, our first nomination! We didn't even know people were reading our blog! What a nice surprise~ Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome girl. I do really like your blog and think its a great concept. Have fun

      Delete
  5. GBM:
    Pickle my paddywank; deep in the seat of MAN! Did you run out of blogs to award...? Mines more a basket of bollocks than a bloggy dearest.

    Regardless, here are you answers:

    1) Fortunately my and the mister's ass is its own little mini gas chamber of death...what doesn't kill 'em, gits flushed down the toilet with the rest of our crap. (If it wasn't for the mister, ALWAYS a condom).

    2)Long as I'm not quicker than a speeding bullet...I'm more than good...SUPER, even!

    3)So depends on my mood. Lately I've been git'n my soul on with Mary J. Blige...and love her No More Drama Album ('specially "he think I don't know"...it's funny to me)

    4)I don't know about a soul, but I sure love do me a ginger's 6th finger (YUMMY!)

    5) I think I'm good with dying on an empty stomach, I'd ask to sub if for a conjugal visit with the mister.

    6) I have both PC & Mac...I'm "versatile" that way, ya' know...

    7)My pop pretty much crafted me to be the man I am today... What can I say...? He came, I'm the same; I hang with no shame!

    8) South Park is the BOMB...I love, love, LOVE shenanigans!!!

    9) To err is human, to sin divine...give me some ass and I'll lay me some PINE!

    10) HELLO?!? Why do you think I keep the mister around...his winning personality?!?!?

    11) slightly plumped with a chance for hard, depending on how long I cop my own feel.

    I know there's no tag backs, but I abhor rules... so here's my question. Do all gingers have FIRE betwixt their legs, and if so, how do you keep the heat from chafing at your privates?

    @Pickelope:

    Uhm....? I think his "not plugging out" is Irish for "being a power bottom, I thought hubby could light my night fantastic for days to cum. However, with magic stick too quickly spent and half past refraction time, I was bored off my ass with this no 'lectricity crap."

    HaHa...good times~~

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it Rafa, you have way with words.

      In answer to your question I can't speak with for all gingers but firecrotch I have (I hope my mam is not reading this)

      Plugging is not me again this my guest Blogger who pops on now and again. I may do another intro for her

      Delete
    2. " Do all gingers have FIRE betwixt their legs, and if so, how do you keep the heat from chafing at your privates?"
      I cannot speak for ALL gingers either .... but having been one all my life, I too have firecrotch (love THAT GBM!).
      As for keeping from bursting into flames? I just think it wise to stay *ahem* wet. ;D
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      I too have followed Becca, Rafa & CoreyJo .... and i'm thrilled that I have! I look forward to reading more!

      Delete
  6. An award I haven't received yet! Yay! Thank you so much!

    And that whole pregnancy thing . . . they did it in "Twins". lol I don't remember how, but they did it. I think that was the movie. Anyway it had Schwarzenegger in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I feel so special. :-D
    1) Most definitely the coke douche if I wasn't already fixed, lol
    2) Teleport so I could see the world without the hassle of airfare.
    3) The Best of Lesley Gore
    4) Of coarse they do!
    5) Filet mignon, baked potato topped with cheddar cheese and a bottle of Merlot
    6) Mac
    7) My mom. She was an amazing inspiring woman.
    8) Care Bears. I will always love Grumpy. Currently wearing Grumpy pajamas.
    9) No beacause I enjoy where I am today and wouldn't be here without all the mistakes I've made.
    10) Yes! He would have to wear a little tuxedo.
    11) extremely happy and honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing answers Liane. Love em.

      You rock my world

      Delete
  8. Hello GBM,

    I followed Becca & Rafa over to your blog. I just had to see who this ginger was! I'm glad I was nosy! A delightful blog you have here. I'm looking forward to many laughs & smiles while visiting you.

    Huggs
    CoreyJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill Corey, I am on my way of to you as we speak

      Delete
  9. CONGRATS BUT DANG I was hoping to slide by without being nominated. hahaha.. No really, thanks, I'm honored!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and thankyou...I think. I will reply on my blog with suitable pimping. Probably next week after I drag myself out of a little post holiday funk.

    Loved your answers and questions too. made me smile muchly

    ReplyDelete