Tuesday 19 June 2012

I'm Twittering Darhling


Today I think is a big day for me in the Blogosphere. Today is the day I reached 1000 Twitter followers. Thanks a mill guys. You love me, you all really love me.

Thing is I don't really know what all this means. Random people follow me on Twitter and sometimes it's unclear if it's because they actually like my tweets and read my Blog or if they are in fact robots of some kind or just want a follow back (which I have no problem giving). Out of the 1000 people there are a select few awesomes that I interact with frequently. In fact I believe one of my biggest fans found me though Twitter and is always favouriting and retweeting my posts (You know who you are Liane Greathead and I am eternally grateful).

I didn't really get Twitter until recently. When I first joined I just followed a few celebrities and never really tweeted. This of course is incredibly dull. Then I started following normal people and just havin chats and interacting, with other bloggers too and suddenly I got it. Drunken tweeting whilst Eurovision is on or  recapping the most recent episode of Game of Thrones, this is what this platform was made for. The hilarity ensued.

So yeah on this day I'm happy to say that I am a twitter convert. Some Eddie below in its honor.


Bubble: 'Should I Twitter that?' 


Eddie: 'Yes, Twitter it, Twitter it'

GBM

4 comments:

  1. I don't twitter I am afraid. Tried it a couple of times but it really did my head in. (I found it was wasting too much of my time plus my kids were paying me out for trying to tweet and walk at the same time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see where you are coming from Mynx but I think I've found the balance to make it work. It's a good way to interact with your followers me thinks tho.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love Edina.... And I too am a Twitter convert. I only joined 2 weeks ago, and thought it would be a time water but I'm finding the same thing you said... once you start talking to other travelers/bloggers it make a little more sense and doesn't seem as pointless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Andrea we share a love of Eddie and now of Twitter. This is amazing lets find out what else we have in common

      Delete