Monday 23 July 2012

Guest Post: By Mynx from Lizard Happy




I think the best thing about blogging is the way it connects you with people you would not normally meet in real life.

Hi I am Mynx and I write a little blog called “Lizard Happy”

If you don’t know me, I am an Aussie, in my fabulous forties, married with a couple of teenagers.
I also like to paint and tell the odd story.

Here I am, guesting on “The Ginger Blog Man” blog and it hit me that we are almost polar opposites when it comes to pretty much everything.

And that is fabulous.

I get to have a little peek into his life as a young guy who is now living in a country very different to what he grew up in and compare his adventures to what I might have had at the same age.

You could say that before blogging, I had lived a pretty simple sheltered life.

Wife, mother, working in a post office. Our internet was mostly used for Facebook and just generalities.  And I confess, I had heard little about blogging.

But then my “other” hubby, who I had met online (through a Facebook game!!) mentioned he had a blog and after much nagging he let me read it.

And through his blog I found others, and when something of a crisis in my life happened, I just knew that a blog was the perfect place to put my stuff out into the universe.

I never expected to have anyone much read, but I continued to find blogs that I liked and gave them plenty of blog loving with comments.

So what did I find?  So many awesome writers, photographers and artists.  Giving me a look at worlds I couldn’t imagine.

So you think that being a Flight attendant was glamorous?  Perhaps not.  Moving to Japan will definitely give you a culture shock and living on a boat can certainly present a lot of challenges.

I have learnt about foods I have never heard of and seen things I may not want to see again (One should always be prepared for anything when there is an adult warning on a blog).

I have discovered Haiku. Not that I really understand it but now I know it exists.

And I have made friends. Friends who have challenged me, supported me and helped me find who I am.

If not for blogging I would never have met these people from all over the world.  Never learnt their stories, never shed tears for them, laughed with them or celebrated our friendship.  It really is pretty cool when you stop to think about it.

And if not for blogging, I would never have discovered that I can paint, that I am an artist. And because of blogging, my art is in homes all over the world.  (Which is very cool, don’t you think?)

Everyone blogs for different reasons. 

Some want to be famous, some consider it a way to earn a little cash.

I just needed a place to be me.  To find what was missing.

Thank you Ginger Blog Man for finding me in this big blogging universe and letting me come play on 
your blog. 

I am looking forward to returning the favour and introducing you to some of the amazing people that I know.

Mynx




 GBM: You're very welcome Mynx and I cannot wait :-D


20 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm glad that your blogging branches are still growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful post, Mynx.

    Hello GBM, thanks for hosting this wonderfully talented woman. (and I would know as I have some of her talent hanging on my walls)

    Cheers to both of you, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Jenny, it was a privilege for me. Looking forward to getting to know you.

      Delete
  3. Always so cool to see my words on another blog. Thanks again for letting me guest here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome my dear, beautiful post again I must say

      Delete
  4. ::grin:: I, too, have met an array of amazing people online, Mynx being one of them. And I've always thought it to be amusing that it takes the world wide web these days to meet someone who lives a few miles down the road.

    I love the internet.

    Great post Mynx :D As always, your heart and soul is in it. You write windows into your life that we are privileged to peer through. Thanks so much for sharing yourself.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. First HI Ginger Blogman nice meeting you. Noe Mynx as always you inspire me I love this post it's true we all blog for different reason but for whatever the reason we have all seem to connect and become a little family of friends. I for one am so happy to have found you and now Blogman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be checking out your work too Becca. Added to my daily feed you have :-D

      Delete
  6. I didn't ever think about blogging until I saw "Julie & Julia" and I shared her same thought of "I have thoughts, I could blog". lol And I've met so many wonderful people that way. I really love blogging now and I've been at it for two years now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added you to my feed J.Day, be sure to checkin and leave my 2 cents from time to time. This is awesome

      Delete
  7. What a great guest post loved this but hell you know me Mynx I think you rock and now I am going to hang around this place and get to know this gingerbread man, I mean gingerblog man hope he doesn't blame you for me being here.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill, wow I can't get over the positive response to Mynx, guest post, the is a lot of love out there for this amazing woman. Just glad to be apart of it.

      Delete
  9. Yay! I love Mynx. And as the proud owner of a couple pieces of her art, I trust her judgement, so I'm definitely following Mr. Ginger BlogMan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love her too, thanks Pickleope, I've added you to my feeder too. Wow I've so many new great reads because of Mynx

      Delete
  10. Very awesome Mynx, now for me to take time and check out GBM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I you HMB, added to my reader you have been

      Delete
  11. Blogging is pretty awesome. I was recently juggling the idea of leaving the blog world but couldn't because I would miss it too much. I got into a funk and lost interest in it but now I am back and loving it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ever leave, I love the cheese, your Blog seems right up my street and has been added to my reader. Lets Lunch soon :-D

      Delete