Tuesday 23 October 2012

Slut-O-Ween Girls Listen Up


I saw this today on Entertainment.ie, great website FYI, even if you are not from Ireland, top notch hilarious insights on the celeb world and great music and film reviews (I cut my teeth submitting a few member reviews on it back in the day).

Anywho they posted this vid below and I just thought it was pretty spot on and had to share. It's nice that someone is speaking up for my favourite holiday. Girls honestly it has gotten out of hand.


Now I am not saying no to slutty, should the costume call for it then by all means but I agree with Emotistyle here and won't be endorsing unnecessary skankiness for the sake of Halloween.

Who thought that a sexy
Nemo was a good idea?
Childhood memories ruined
What do all of you think? Happy to let all slut it up for Halloween (gay men are equally as guilty) or time to put this fad in the ground?

GBM

16 comments:

  1. Nah, it's fine. People call it "dressing slutty" but it's more of a celebration of sexuality. Just like a gay pride parade is a license to wear nothing but roller skates and a banana hammock. We as a people spend so much time being repressed and hiding our sexuality, that Halloween is an explosion of sexy. Have at it people. Go as inappropriate as necessary to satisfy the urges Puritanical expectations try to squash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd would be the last person to advocate repressing anyones sexuality Pickleope, considering it is something I did to myself years ago. My point was against costumes that are sexed up unnecessarily, like slutty nuns or sexy Nemo here. Thanks as always tho for you 2 cents :-D

      Delete
  2. I completely agree. They are not being very good role models to impressionable little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year, The Husband and I were going to go the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood. When I put the costume on, the skirt only covered half of mein arse! Had to nix it. There is no way I was going to go as Little Red Riding Ho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha would love to have seen it JB. No chance of a pic?

      Delete
    2. Um, no. It's not good for people to bleed from their eyes. LOL

      Delete
  4. I completely don't get it. Halloween should be fun and creative not slutty. I don't want my son to look at these girls that dress up like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm getting at, bring back the awesome creative costumes and if they are meant to be slutty then I approve. But no more slutty cats!

      Delete
  5. i'm learning old, fat chicks like me can not pull of sexy not even cute but we can do funny and crabby well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are more voluptuous than fat becca. I do love funny and crabby tho

      Delete
  6. I love Halloween because it gives me a reason to be sexy. OMIGOD I love that Nemo costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you are the market for this then HMB. Haha awesome

      Delete
  7. Halloween is not huge over here but seems to be a good excuse for teenagers to party. And when teenagers party, the slutty costumes come out.

    Sadly not many girls can really pull it off sucessfully.
    I know I certainly wouldn't have even tried

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes nothing worse than an attempt at slutty that fails but God loves a tryer

      Delete
  8. As the mother of daughters I can tell you I would not like them going out dressed in slutty clothes........

    ReplyDelete