Thursday 4 October 2012

Admitting your Limitations


Remember a while back I told you all I was taking on a Mystery Undertaking? Well now I think it's time for it to be revealed (even though most of you guessed it correctly anyways).

Husband and I were planning on doing a half marathon here in Switzerland on the 13th of October and have been training for it since August. My training has come along in leaps and bounds and was getting there in terms of distance but I was having trouble pushing past 18K in a realistic time (there could have  been a possibility it would take me over 3.5 hours to complete, eek).  So I decided not to apply for the half in the end. The decision was a hard one as I was really hoping to do it but I am just not ready.

Yet all is not lost as on the day I will be doing a 10K run, it's not my original goal but it is still something. I can get to be proud of myself for getting that far, I mean I only took up jogging 5 months ago so I have come a long way since then.

Husband on the other hand has made jogging his bitch and will be doing the half and is going to kick some marathon ass. Bravo, bravo. I take solace from the fact that my original reasoning for taking up jogging in the first place was on a purely shallow desire to look better in the nip and well at least I can say mission accomplished on that goal.

I have grown accustomed to joggings face though so I will continue down this path of foot bounce and hopefully next year I will get all up on this half marathon.

Oh yes, you watch this space jogging, you won't know what hit you.

GBM

13 comments:

  1. I think its really awesome what you've accomplished in 5 months. Running kills me. Good Luck to Husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill Liane, I will tell Husband :-D

      Delete
  2. You'll do great and 10K is way better than what I can do so that is a huge accomplishment and in 5 months! Good luck to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill Laura, yes I am happy that I am doing something so it is still an achievement, more to come on it next week

      Delete
  3. That sucks but at least you're going to continue running. I had trained for the Marine Corps full marathon and the day after I completed my first 22 mile run was told I had to go to a meeting out of town and not run the race. I was so crushed I never really ran again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw do you think you might ever get back into it Sean? It's never too late. Also fair play to you actually doing a 22 mile run. I could never nor do I have any desire to do a whole marathon so major props to you :-D

      Delete
  4. GBM:
    Don't get me wrong, any exercise is better than no exercise, but if you really want to trip the hot fantastic, you really outta try whole body exercises. Not only will it lather you up from all three planes of motion, but one dimensional running is a complete bitch on the knees, 'specially over time. Granted, whilst in the midst of it all, you may wish you could knock someone smack in the pie-hole (if done right, it burns like a bitch in heat scratching with its claws out), but in the end (haha), when all's said and done, man oh man do you feel like a MAN! (yummy d'lish!!!).

    Oh, and I wouldn't worry so about being back of the pack...all the better to see those wonderfully flexing arses...did I mention YUMMY?!?!?

    Smiles, good luck...try not to suck =D

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol good points Rafa. I actually do do other exercise etc.

      Thanks for the support

      Delete
  5. "Husband on the other hand has made jogging his bitch..."

    This sentence made me unreasonably happy. Mostly because I hate jogging. Mostly because I'm jogging's bitch.

    Congrats on your accomplishments and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill VV. I will keep y'all posted

      Delete
  6. I am in awe of anyone who runs. I can't, just hate it.
    Dont mind a good long walk though.
    So I think you are awesome doing the 10km.
    Well done and I bet it wont be long before jogging is your bitch too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mynx, I hope so. Jogging deserves to be my bitch.

      Delete
  7. I don't run so no way I would do any type of marathon I leave that to people who are a lot fitter then me...........lol
    That said good on you for giving it a go.........

    ReplyDelete