Monday 15 October 2012

I Did It!

I appear to be going the wrong way

Okay I may have had a mild over dramatic freakout the night before my race, apologies but you guys know what I am like. In actual fact the race went really well and my time was not too bad and a personal best for me.

Finished the 10K in 1:01 and 410th in my category. Not too shabby especially for one who never jogged until a few months ago. I think I will do the half next year.

Also special congratulations to my hubby who successfully completed the half marathon with an amazing time of 1:58. I am so proud of you and you did fantastic.

Great day, great craic and the celebratory beer tasted amazing.

GBM

10 comments:

  1. Well done, sir. For having not run at all to finishing a 10K in that time is a real accomplishment. You ought to be proud. Congrats to your hubby as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mil Picky. I am proud and happy and I think I am aiming to complete the half next year!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I'm pretty sure I would have dropped dead from a heart attack before finishing a 10k. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you wouldn't, the adrenaline takes of when you are surrounded by all those jogging comrades.

      Delete
  3. Congrats that is wonderful news for both of you. I would never have made it out the starting line before giving up or falling over my feet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a mill Becca. Ah am sure you could cuz I thought the same a few months ago

      Delete
  4. GBM:
    'Long as you're comfortable in your own superstar pants, you can never go wrong...let alone the wrong direction.

    Being 410th means you had opportunity to oggle some 409 round mounds of deliciousness, but you didn't tell us how many got a gander at your sweet 'n honey'd crisp, as they bit the dust tooting from your rear.

    Well played to you and husband....CHEERS to you both!!

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have oggled a little. There was a fitty in front of me. Only for me to sprint at the last min and pass out, haha a victory to all tummies everywhere over the toned and six-packed. Mwah ha ha

      Delete
  5. WooHoo!! Congrats to both of you!! Unless there's a meal up ahead waiting for me or a frog chasing behind me I'm not running! LOL ♥ CJ

    ReplyDelete